Thursday, September 29, 2011
1.Start right away The first best thing is to accept that you need help. Accept, but don’t celebrate your weaknesses and lack of money. Some people think that they have money, but they always throw words to their spouse at the end of the month. Why? Because there is Lack! They have all latest gadgets for entertainment, but still you find it hard to pay your bills, school fees and other basic necessities. The problem is not your employer (to those employed), but how you have assigned your money to be your employee. Money must work for you. Money should give birth to more money. Money should be your tool to catapult you to your destiny.
2. Debt, is dirty A debt makes you to be a slave. To think and plan properly, clear all your debts. This makes you to live a free life.
3. Live within your means Some people live above their means. This causes debts. Any latest thing in the market is grabbed without considering side effects. Materialism has manipulated people, especially through advertising. Many people have leant to join the band wagon without considering its casualties. They feel left behind if they are not in vogue! This is a skewed perception, if you follow any thing in the market you will soon become a slave of materialism.
4. Tithe What’s better to spend 100 % of cursed money or to spend 90 % of blessed money? In Malachi 3 verse 8 -10, God teaches us how to open windows of heaven. It’s only by bringing 10 % of your earnings. This is a kingdom principle. Generally, principles are meant to be followed. If they are not followed we will be violating laws that bring its consequences. Read through Malachi 3: 8- 10 over and over again until it becomes a reality in your life.
5 Mental Power Poverty is a mental attitude. To change your life you need to change your thoughts. What is in your head determines what is in your hand. You can take a mentally poverty stricken man in the Africa and throw them in the midst of riches in France, but I won’t be a surprise that they will bring all things to nothing.
6. Heart Power Passion is the one of the success movers today. It’s all in the heart. Be passionate about what you want to accomplish in life.
7. Money Habits There is a difference between a need and a want. So it is between a luxury and a necessity. People need to learn to differentiate between an asset and a liability. Poor people, when they get money, they spend money on liabilities whist the rich have mastered the art of investing on assets. It’s simple. There are things that we buy that will never bring money into our pockets, but there are things that if you buy will fatten your wallet. A TV won’t do to be the bought first by a person who does computer graphics; I would rather buy a PC. I would rather risk wearing a single shirt only to pay for my studies at College.
8. Better associates I have lived in situations where my friends become my worst foes. They call for an outing. A braai! Association determines assimilation. Your mind pattern determines how and on what you spend your money. Friends are a great contributory factor in shaping and influencing your thoughts. If they can’t change your perception for the better they will make you bitter. You better chuck them out before they choke your wallet!
9. Law of sowing and reaping The Bible is so expansive in dealing with the principle of sowing and reaping. Have not only good but excellent seed. Saw in the right ground. Live in the field to see the growth of the seed. [Galations 6:7, 2 Corinthians 9: 6]
10. Hard work Hard work does not mean sweating to get your money, but working smart enough. Your skill determines your future. What can you do to bring money in your life? The world is looking for people to offer a product or service for money in exchange.
11. Have multiple streams of income. Have many tributaries of money. What if that one stream you have dries up? Learn to have many means of making money come into your account. An old adage goes: don’t put ages in one basket! Learn to make money whilst you are asleep. That’s having a million dollar mindset.
Recommended books/ authors:
The Million Mindset- Gerry Robert
The BIG YOU! -Jonah Nyoni
As a man thinketh- James Allen
Think and Grow Rich- Napoleon Hill
The Laws of Prosperity- Kenneth Copeland Rich Dad, Poor Dad- By Robert T. Kiyosaki
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
The power of a dream It is the power of a dream! I’m full to the bream I have vast streams I’m on top like cream They derogatively scream They can’t see the seed; Thus the power to lead My loins have a future to feed I have kids to shield I have the posterity to preserve There has been little of pleasure Neither has there been any leisure It’s seemingly I’m under pressure That’s true, just to release And help others realise Their true part and potential I have hobbled in trials All that heralds The next wonder of the world They have thought I’m wild They just see the crust But I dream the crest They always think of my past I know who to trust It’s none other than the Christ Jonah Nyoni 0772 581 918
Monday, September 26, 2011
1. People centeredness- Servant hood This principle was taught by Jesus Christ himself. In this age of TV-celebrities it’s so easy to confuse fame with greatness. If one thinks they are great enough, it could be somehow an anomaly to serve other people. In Luke 22 verse 26 Jesus said, “…he that is the greatest among you, let him be younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve”. Job 36 verse 11 says “If they are obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures”. Take note of the word serve in both citations. The Collins English Dictionary defines the word serve “as to be in the service of (a person) to render or be of service to (a person, cause, etc.); help”. Are you serving other people? Andrew Carnegie writes “No man can become rich without himself enriching others”
2. PassionPassion is the burning desire to accomplish what you are coded to do. It is the fervor, fire and that obsessing feeling to do something. If you are not ready to die for your destiny, you are possibly not ready for greatness. Reckless living and wrong passions can douse that fire to help you to be on the top. What do you exert most your passion in? What do you invest most of your time in? If it’s not directed towards your destiny, you better stop right away and revisit your vision of your life.
3. Prophecy PowerAnything that obsesses you will definitely slip through your tongue. To some as we speak are in difficult situations, their state is seemingly beyond repair, but your tongue carries great magic to unlock your unleash your greatness. The wise man says “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” (Proverbs 18 verse 21). Do you know that is sounds awkward to say that I own property, whilst you sleep in a one bed roomed shank? To know where some people are headed to you simply listen to what they say. Speak what you want to be and not what you are currently experiencing. Create your world by words until it becomes a reality! 4. Potholes Steps to the top are not just a stroll in the park. Joseph had to go via the pit, Potiphars’s wife, and the prison to reach the palace. Greatness is a process not an event! The pit teaches us to decrease so that God increases in our life; thus humility. Potiphars wife exemplifies deceptions that could derail us from our vision and achieving greatness. Temptations bring short-lived fulfillment, but they have dire consequences on our destiny. The prison is trains us to be strong and persevere in hash conditions. Usually, the attributes we fail to conquer whist in the desert determines how long we could stay there. To move from the level that you are currently are, pass the test!
5. PurposeWe are created for a purpose and great achievements. The power, function and purpose of any thing are the reasons why it was invented and it stands to reason that God created you for a purpose. I do not think you were just created to while up time on earth! This is what some people have done. Generally, if one does not know their purpose or does not act their purpose they are simply crouching down to the value of chaff that is tossed to and fro by the wind and does not get anywhere. Chaff does not have a destiny. So, to discover why you were created, inquire from God. To fully and effectively function in your purpose be connected to the originator of that purpose and its GOD. Dr. Myles Monroe (2001) in his book: Understanding the purpose and power of men says: “Where purpose is not known, abuse is inevitable”. There are some people who are specialising in doing wrong things right. Why? Simply because they are pursuing things they are not supposed to. They are not getting any satisfaction out of it, but they persist doing it. People need to know their real are where they will function fully and effectively. At times ignorance on how a thing should work is very tragic. I have seen many people misuse or underuse mobile phones merely because they do not fully understand their purpose. That is how other people’s potential has been used. The best person to ask how a Nokia phone functions is the Nokia Company itself. It is no wonder why the word of God says to the prophet Jeremiah: “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto nations”. If I could say it in today’s language, God was saying, before your mother was pregnant with you in the womb, my mind was pregnant with you as an idea and you were wired with instructions on how you should work and even before you came out I approved you to function in different facets of life. God knew the purpose of Jeremiah more fully than Jeremiah himself. Paul is the New Testament figure that caused a real revolution. Before he functioned according to God’s call he did cause much damage to the body of Christ. This also proves that where purpose is not understood abuse is inevitable. Paul used his energy for the wrong purpose and he is the same man who goes on to say that he was set apart from his mother’s womb to preach (Galatians 2 vs. 15- 16). Our Creator knows our purpose and He is the best we can enquire from in order to understand how we are to function.
6. PreciousEveryone is precious and of great value. Visualise yourself as that. You should not allow yourself to be called names. We do not need to find identity from looks, money, media, make-ups, peers and power. Everything, be it a product or creation, is always identified with its source and its ability is mainly dependent on its source. As human beings what is our source? What is our make up? We were created by God and in his image and after His likeliness. This alone makes us possess the spiritual and the chemical make up to dominate and have creative power that God has put in us. The best yardstick to measure against your potential is not what other people have accomplished but how God has uniquely crafted you and the deposits of greatness that He has put in you. You are your own competitor. The best person you compete with is the seed that God has put in you.
7. ProspectWe can make it in life. We can be what we have always dreamt to be. We need to be broad in our thinking. We do not need to think outside the box since there is no box anywhere. This is a brimless world that has always needed limitless brains. The best days lie ahead. Your past successes are little compared to what you can still achieve. The past might have bruised and battered you, but still the best days are coming. Look deep into what you are carrying; you are a God’s master piece! To put icing on the cake, there is a famous saying which goes: “A man is but the product of his thoughts; what he thinks, he becomes”. In life generally, people who think positively achieve what the odds define as impossibilities. Real self discovery makes one achieve real results and be counted with the greats of this world. The Bible puts it this way, “A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men” (Proverbs 18vs 16). Discover yourself! Be your real self and do not try to be someone else. Begin to see potential, power and prosperity deep inside your heart and this will propel you to the crest of the wave. You are Pre: Destined for greatness. There is a giant in your belly that needs to shake the world’s waves. Everyone has seeds of greatness that need to be sown so that they can spur up and bring results.